Friday, July 27, 2007

A Funny Friday Find


In the last 24 hours we have had a tremendous amount of thunder, lightning and rain. Of course, the worst always comes at about 12:30 am when you are in a deep sleep. This storm did not disappoint - the lightening started around 10:00 pm and rolled across the sky for hours. The thunder was unbelievable and received my triple B rating (Bounced my Bottom out of Bed) at the usual 12:30 am. Shortly after the window rattling crack that sounded like it was less than a block away, I heard a thump in the boy's room. I went in to make sure they were okay, but didn't see Owen in his bed. I did, however, see a lump under the blankets. Owen (four years old in October) is known for wrapping himself up in his covers like caterpillar in a cocoon. I gently pulled back the covers only to find a very awake Owen who in a panicked voice said, "Hide, Spencer - it's scary!" The whole exchange was so funny I went to bed giggling.

The laughs continued later into the morning when Laney picked up a kaleidoscope and spent 5 minutes trying to look through it. Have you ever seen a 21 month old try to look through a kaleidoscope? It really is funny - she would close both eyes and try to look, she then tried keeping both eyes open and when neither of those worked, she closed her eyes and pressed it against one eye.


In light of the funny events that have started my day, I thought for the Friday Find I would recommend Spencer’s favorite funny book. Arnie, the Doughnut by Laurie Keller does not disappoint. We stumbled upon it at the library and loved it so much we bought it. I'm not sure how we overlooked it before because it has been on many recommended book lists, but we did. Just in case you missed it too, have a look.

5 comments:

Peggy said...

oh, I bet there were lots of chuckles around your home today.

Kim -today's creative blog said...

I featured your mom today on Todays Creative Blog!

And I have been good at getting rid of my scrap mags after about 8mo.......my decorating mags......different story. I will pull out things that I like, then toss it.

Marianna said...

I've missed this one too...I have it on order at the library, though!

By the way, we are going to be in South Haven in a few weeks. If you are familiar with that area do you have any reccomendations for restaraunts/things to do?

Leeann said...

I've never heard of this book. I'll have to check it out of the library for Trey.
Our family only recently discovered and loved KNUFFLE BUNNY.

Leeann

Leeann said...

Oh, and by the way, I love me a good thunderstorm! Even better when there's a cute little four year old at the end of it!
Leeann