Wednesday, April 22, 2009


AJ is okay - he is allergic to penicillin, but we can definitely deal with that. I have been really surprised by the number of people that are allergic. You think of penicillin as a cure all. As a child prone to ear infections, I certainly drank gallons of that sweet pink stuff. I guess I never thought of someone having a reaction to it, but after this ordeal with AJ, I talked to at least 5 people who said they too were allergic. So, hopefully we are done with the strep for the year and the little guy doesn't get anything from the dog, so we won't even have to think about antibiotics until next year...a girl can hope can't she?

Video Courtesy of Spencer


Leeann said...

Cute!! And what a sweet dog, playing so gently with him.

I am allergic to penecillin, as is my daughter and I think at least one of my other kids. In general, I try to avoid it with all my kids, just to be sure.

The list of antibiotics that I can't have is as long as my arm!

Glad all is well again!

Blog a Blurb said...

Both so sweet. . . Nice to see Penny too. So glad he is recovered. And thanks to the videographer, too!

Chris said...

My daughter is as well , there is a big perk though , the alternative is zithromax I believe and it is a one a day only 7 day treatment , much better then pen , PLEASE be careful when introducing peanuts to this little one as peanut allergy and penicillin seem to go hand in hand very often , we have that one too .

Anonymous said...