Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Graffiti Table



Our coffee table was in need of a makeover, so I have been painting away. We had some of this chalk board spray paint I bought to use on a wall in our old basement, but I never got around to painting it. I thought the table was the perfect use.

Graffiti Fish Table

Graffiti Table - Fish

The paint gets a thumbs up, with one exception - no table tops. I was feeling pretty good about my project until the kids actually started to use it... I imagine it would be great for vertical surfaces, but the kids set things on the table, including their little bottoms, and walk away with chalk all over. Guess I should have thought that one a through a little more - now the chalk is going to have to "disappear".

4 comments:

Kat said...

Great job! That is so cute! :)

At least chalk usually brushes off of tushies pretty easily. ;)

Dustan and Becka said...

You just need some floor pillows so they can change the location of their tushie sitting.

I love your table, it turned out beautifully.

sara said...

LOVE the table- really cute!

Blog a Blurb said...

so charming!