Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Laney's Room Revisited


Well, I figured since Kari & Kijsa were kind enough to send people over here to look at pictures of Laney's room, I figured I had better put some decent ones up. This tiny little room was designated "the baby's room" when I found out I was pregnant with Owen; Laney has since inherited it. Out of all the places to sit in our house, the rocking chair in this room (it isn't pictured, but it is white with a yellow cushion) is one of my favorites.

IMG_5651

IMG_5654

IMG_5649

IMG_5668

IMG_5648

The quilt, dust skirt and valances are from Pottery Barn Kids and were the beginning of the room. I was originally going to paint vertical green stripes in two shades of green on the walls, but once the valances were up, the room begged for hills and a parade of animals. I made rough stencils from the animals on the valances and penciled them on the walls. Sam and I then painted in the animals and added the detail with paint pens (which are awesome by the way). The yellow dresser was painted by my mom for my nursery 37 (ahem) years ago. My sister in law, Anna (Owen's birthday buddy), made all of the origami cranes for Laney and my mother in law and I made them into a mobile. This room truly is a creative collaboration.

11 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

That is so adorable! I love the way the animals parade around the room. Wonderful!

Julie said...

I don't think there is a more fun room to decorate than a baby's nursery!! So cute!!

Trudi said...

Very cute. Well done.

Leeann said...

That is just about the cutest thing I have ever seen. If I didn't like you so much I would be jealous and spiteful. lol
Leeann
niccofive.blogspot.com

Elle Jay Bee said...

What an adorable nursery!! I love that you went to all that trouble to stencil in the animals. It was well worth the effort!!!

Linda

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Gosh, have I mentioned how wonderful you look for being 37 years old? ha

Love this room - it's so sweet. I loved decorating my kids rooms when they were younger. In fact, I think I liked it more than THEY did (little ingrates!). So where's the updated pictures of the boys' room? Or do you just keep them down in the basement most of the time? lol (just kidding - your kids are too flippin' cute to keep locked up! Everybody knows THAT.)

Greenie Gardens said...

That room is so cute but the boy's room is wonderful too. You are a clever daughter! Love, Mom

Mary said...

Oh, what a cute room! I just love the parade of animals, and "your" dresser adds such a sweet touch!
xoxo,
Mary

Blog a Blurb said...

You're gonna be famous.

Anonymous said...

That room is very sweet, good work! Nurseries are so precious!

Melissa

katiedid said...

Cute, cute, cute! That's all I have to say!