Thursday, September 20, 2007

Birthday Pie?


A BIG thank you for all of the birthday wishes - you sure know how to make a girl feel good. I had a very nice day and fantastic birthday dinner prepared my my mom. It is a tradition in our family that you get your favorites for dinner - no matter what the combination may be. So this year my menu was: champagne, walnut pear and blue cheese salad, oregano tomato feta shrimp, fresh Zingerman's French bread and for dessert....a jamoca almond fudge ice cream pie from Baskin-Robbins.

Birthday Pie

Surprised?

Laney Lou

Laney was shocked, but truth be told, cake is my second favorite. I have loved Baskin-Robbin's pies since I was a little girl and my grandmother (Guagua) used to get them for me.

IMG_5445

From the look of things, we may be getting another one for Laney's birthday in October. Poor Sam - he was merely a spectator and it was his piece of pie!

11 comments:

Cindy said...

That looks so good! Your pictures are so beautiful, so crisp and clear!

cammy said...

Yum! We have the same tradition in our family. The kiddos get to pick whatever they want for dinner on their birthday.

Beautiful photos BTW.

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

You know this is kind of embarrassing to admit, but I think I might have been willing to wrestle Laney for that piece of pie. Shameful, true. But she looks tough - it might have been a fairly even fight, you never know.

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Oh happy birthday!!! How sweet. Love your photos. Did you give a purse away? Wowee. I love those. Your husband has a nice head of pretty hair!

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Oh happy birthday!!! How sweet. Love your photos. Did you give a purse away? Wowee. I love those. Your husband has a nice head of pretty hair!

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

What absolutely beautiful photos of Laney! Just beautiful! So glad you had a wonderful birthday. Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

She looks so serious... with chocolate all over her face. Precious!

Aimee said...

Your little Laney is just so SWEET! Happy Birthday!

Susie Q said...

Precious little one...delicious pie!
So glad you had such a happy BD! Now, tell us what camera you have! Your pictures are GLORIOUS!!!!

Hugs,
Sue

katiedid said...

Happy happy birthday! What a wonderful tradition! Coincidentally, it is my daughter's 12th birthday today and we are going to the Melting Pot, a fondue place we have never been to before. It was her pick, so maybe we have the same tradition afterall!

Heather said...

Sue,
You asked about my camera...I have a Canon digital Rebel and for my birthday I got a new 50mm 1.8 lens from my mom. The photos from this post are with that lens. also have a 28 -105mm 3.5 - 4.5 and a 75 -300mm 4-5.6. That being said, this is one of those case when a person has nice things, but no real clue how to use them properly. Aperture and f-stop are beyond me - I have taken a class and it still hasn't stuck.
Heather