Sunday, August 5, 2007

Oodles of Streusel

Blueberry Muffins


If you have a cup of blueberries to spare, you should make these muffins. You may have noticed I love streusel and blueberries together. Oh, who am I kidding? You could put streusel on just about anything and I'd eat it. How can you go wrong with butter, sugar, flour and a pinch of cinnamon? If you recall, the Birthday Blueberry Buckle had streusel and so did the Oh Me, Oh My Blueberry Pie. Because I did not want to disappoint you, these muffins also have...yeah, streusel. The recipe can be found here. It called for 1 cup of blueberries, but I added an extra 1/2 cup because I had more than a cup to spare - I think I still have about 6 pounds of the little suckers. Also, I made 1/2 of the topping and used brown sugar instead of the granulated sugar. I have also made these with a bit of lemon zest added into the batter. Either way, they are tasty - please, just don't forget the streusel.

6 comments:

katiedid said...

I am going to be picking your brain/blog as soon as my kitchen is done! Yum!

Elle Jay Bee said...

Why, oh why do I not live near you so we could have tea every day...and some of your baked goods...!!!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Oh~ I have some bluberries that would be perfect!
Yummy.

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Send help. I've slipped into a diabetic coma just lookin' at the pictures. Yuuuummmmmy.

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

Yes, please move closer to me, LOL

Unknown said...

I am with you on LOVING some streusel! You can just give me the struesel with nothing else and I would be a happy little clam!