Monday, June 4, 2007

Make a Mug - An Unoriginal Idea for You

I found these thermal mugs at a local store. They are super cute as they are, but I thought they might be even better personalized. The bottom of the mug unscrews so that another paper can be slipped in. I made a couple for Mother's Day and I am making a few more for the coffee toting dads. I decided to look on-line to find more mugs and, while doing so, I found that my bit of genius was not an original idea. Copco sells kits to do the very same thing, BUT I could not find them.

So, if you want to make one, you can go to amazon.com and order a mug or two and then use this Word template. This is a very vanilla layout, but can be embellished - you can always make your own too. To use the template, click on the link and save it to your computer. It can then be easily customized in Word with your photos. This project would also be a great "kid craft" with a drawing from the household artist.

Here is one of mine...

Tips:

  • Note - the picture boxes will be angled since it is a square being wrapped around a circle.

  • The gentle use of tweezers helps to get the paper in and out.

  • The replacement paper can't be too thick or it won't fit.

  • Push one corner of the paper in first - do not try to shove the whole thing in at once.

  • Don't put anything close to the edges - it will get covered and you won't be able to see it.

  • You can add clip art, add color, change the frames, or change the font.

  • Stickers work well.
  • dad's baseball mug

No comments: