Monday, July 6, 2009

Babies, Babies & More Babies


As busy as the days seem, I have actually found a few spare moments to work on some projects. Because I am one of those people who can't seem to function without deadlines and chaos, I have spent some of that time knitting baby gifts. I hesitate to tell you how the remaining portion has been spent... lets just say that, as reluctant as I may have been, a certain book series bit me hard... Anyway, I love knitting for babies for several reasons, one of which is the patterns are so darned cute. The other reason is I can generally finish a project in one sitting, which is somewhat necessary anymore. So, when I haven't been turning pages, I have been knitting these:

For Jackson (his mom loves stars):


star knits

The stars are from Itty Bitty Hats by Susan Anderson (a great book), complete with French knots which was something new for me. The hat itself is Woolflower's Whirly Baby Hat Pattern, which is my all time favorite baby hat pattern.

For Jackson's brother Gibson:


Robot

I made this little guy into a rattle by tucking a rice filled plastic Easter egg inside his body. I taped the egg up with some clear duct tape just in case, I think it worked because he went though the wash without any signs of sprouting. The robot is a free pattern found at robotknitter.com.

For Rebekah:


Strawberries

The hat was made using the Ann Norling #10 Fruit Cap pattern - I opted for French knots rather than the traditional seeds. The strawberry on the onesie is made from felt and more French knots of course. Practice makes perfect right?

For Olive:


olive

This is a modified version of the Olive You hat in the Itty Bitty Hat book - I just couldn't resist.

So there you have it and since I have another minute, it is back to my pages!

3 comments:

Greenie Gardens said...

I didn't get to see these before they went to their new homes! So---cute! My favorite is the strawberry, but I just love the olives and the rest! Lucky new Moms!

MKHKKH said...

So cute. How you have time is beyond me! That series is REALLY good. I am on the last one now. Isn't it embarrassing how engrossed you get? LOL Hope you are having a fun day with your B-day boy!

robotknitter said...

I love what you did with the robot pattern. Fantastic!